The Win-Win Initiative of ICEDOC's Experts in Cancer Without Borders.
Towards: How to get better value Cancer care in the world.
The Win-Win Initiative aims at increasing the affordability of cost effective, resource sparing cancer treatment and more important to get better value cancer control and care for cancer patients in the world via exploring scientific approaches and win-win scenarios. All the stakeholders- particularly cancer patients and their families- could win! This also includes flourishing the business of pharmaceutical companies and Manufacturers of radiotherapy machines and medical systems without ruining a country or individuals economies! No one would lose!
Harvard Global Health Catalyst Win-Win Initiative
Introduction: In December 2007, The Win-Win Scientific initiative was proposed by Ahmed Elzawawy as an initiative of ICEDOC’s Experts in Cancer Without Borders http://www.icedoc.org/winwin.htm .It aims at increasing affordability of better value cancer treatment in the world via exploring scientific approaches. All the stakeholders- particularly cancer patients and their families- could win!. This also includes flourishing the business of pharmaceutical companies and Manufacturers of radiotherapy machines and medical devices without ruining a country or individuals economies.
There are 2 mains wings of the win-win initiative:
- The first wing is “Exploring scientific approaches to increase affordability of better value cancer care”. 2
- The second wing of the win-win initiative, was proposed in November, 2015 and declared in 29 April, 2016 during the Harvard Catalyst Summit. This wing regards catalyst action and professional advice to increase enormously the rate of establishment of services of clinical oncology in the world starting with the most difficult challenges in Africa.
In 29 April, 2016, The Win-Win Initiative has joined Harvard Global Health Catalyst and becomes one of its activities. Hence, the new title of the initiative is:
Harvard Global Health Catalyst Win-Win Initiative
We are professional consultants and we are volunteer catalysts and NOT a funding body. So, as facilitators, we are encouraging all to do, to connect and to communicate with each other and to collaborate or partnership. We are NOT competing or replacing any society, organization, body, governmental or private efforts or individuals.
News: Harvard Global Health Catalyst Summit 2019
Date: 24-26 May, 2019.
Place: @ Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Please click or browse the link
Harvard GHC Win-Win initiative:
The tentative agenda:
The list of speakers:
Moreover, we look to having the pleasure of hearing your feedback and suggestions on the Harvard GHC Win-Win Scientific initiative in general.
Harvard GHC Win-Win Initiative
I am happy to inform you that you can download my chapter entitled "Science and Affordability of Cancer Drugs and Radiotherapy in the World - Win-Win Scenarios" in the book “Advances in Cancer Management” , ISBN 978-953-307-870-0, edited by Ravinder Mohan, Publisher by InTech
Click or browse the
How to reference this article in your paper? Please copy and paste the following text
Ahmed Elzawawy (2012). Science and Affordability of Cancer Drugs and Radiotherapy in the World - Win-Win Scenarios, Advances in Cancer Management, Ravinder Mohan (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-307-870-0, InTech, Available from: http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/science-and-affordability-of-cancer-drugs-and-radiotherapy-in-the-world
- How the affordability of radiotherapy and essential cancer drugs improves breast cancer control in Africa: An example from Port Said, Egypt. (AORTIC 2013 Conference . November 23, 2013, Durban , South Africa ) . Click document 11
-To download the presentation of Ahmed Elzawawy as an invited KeyNote speaker in The Global Health Catalyst Cancer Summit at Harvard Medical School, on March 20-21, 2015 , Boston. MA, USA… Document 12
- Document 13:
Elzawawy A (2015) The Shortage of Essential Cancer Drugs and Generics in the United States of America. Global Brain Storming Directions for the World.
Int J Cancer Clin Res 2:016
Available from: http://clinmedjournals.org/
- Document 14:
This also goes with my modest proposal of the "The fourth way" ! that I suggest-very modestly- to be the new pragmatic way in many fields and the international economy! ( for brief information about my proposal of the Fourth Way http://www.icedoc.org/anticancer5.htm or http://thecancerblog.net/could-davos-mark-a-milestone-in-global-efforts-to-curecontrol-cancer/ )
- Document 15:
Please free to download this Editorial http://jgo.ascopubs.org/content/1/2/49 and to send your feedback to the author:
- Elzawawy AM: Could African and Low- and Middle-Income Countries Contribute Scientifically to Global Cancer Care? JGO – Journal of Global Oncology Volume 1, Issue 2, December 2015 http://jgo.ascopubs.org/content/1/2/49
- Document 16:
- A Letter before Harvard Health Catalyst Summit of 29, 30 April, 2016 At Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA Link
- Document 17:
- Western Kenya Cancer Care Centre (WKCCC) Project. December 2016 Newsletter. Click Here
6 January, 2016: I invite you to e-cancer video:
- Document 18:
Elzawawy A (2017) One More Proposal to Allocate Resources for the Win-Win Approaches to Increase the Affordability of Cancer Drugs and Radiotherapy in the World. J Cancer Prev Curr Res 7(5): 00250. DOI: 10.15406/jcpcr.2017.07.00250 Click Here
Schedule of Harvard Global Health Catalyst Win-Win session on 28 April, 2017 and the 2 side Win-Win Working meetings on 29 April, 2017 Click Here
Agenda of the ESMO DCTF in the meeting "ASCO's Top Five Keys- Choose Wisely and Win-Win Initiatives “ Coordinator: Ahmed Elzawawy
( ASCO; American Society of Clinical Oncology. ESMO: European Society medical Oncology), 2nd June, 2012, Chicago during the ASCO 2012 annual conference
Minutes of The 2nd meeting of the Win-Win Initiative
that was held on 6th June, 2010,
Please feel free to e-mail us your feedback and suggestions
ICEDOC belongs to all!
ICEDOC is a message of scientific cooperation and love for all!
I invite you for two e-cancer videos recorded on 23 November, 2013 during our recent AORTIC conference in Durban South Africa.
I started my mandate for two years as a president of AORTIC ( African Organization for Research and Training in Cancer) in the evening of the same day.
My first role is to be hand in hand with all my colleagues in AORTIC and with all in the world who would like to cooperate for the cause of cancer control in the world and Africa.
Please feel free to forward these links for the two videos as you like
Click or browse the two links:
Contact: e-mail email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Ahmed Elzawawy, MD, Clinical Oncologist.
-President of ICEDOC & ICEDOC's Experts in Cancer without Borders.
- Chair of Harvard Global Health Catalyst Win-Win initiative ( Running name : Win-Win Scientific Initiative
-President of AORTIC 2013-2015 ( African Organization for Research and Training in Cancer, incorporated in New York, USA & Cape Town, South Africa http://www.aortic-africa.org ) & Director of SEMCO South and East Mediterranean College of Oncology ( Founded in collaboration with ICEDOC ) http://www.icedoc.org & http://www.semco-oncology.info &
- Advisor , Oxford Cancer Solutions , Oxford, UK . http://www.oxfordcancersolutions.com/AboutUs/OurNetwork
& Member of The ESMO (European Society of Medical Oncology) Committee for Global Cancer Policy. & Member of GTFRCC (Global Task Force for Radiotherapy in Cancer Control, UICC).
- Locally in Egypt: Founder and Professor of Clinical Oncology (Radiation and Medical Oncology) and Nuclear Medicine dept., Suez Canal University, Egypt, Chairman of Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology departments, Ismailia Tumors Centre , and Chairman of Alsoliman Clinical and Radiation Oncology Centre, Port Said, Egypt.